End of tenancy cleaning can be time consuming and the last thing you want to do when moving home. We would always recommend that you use a professional cleaning company to deal with your end of tenancy clean. However, if you’re pretty hands on and don’t mind doing it yourself, we thought a few more useful hacks will help you along the way!
Kitchen Cleaning Hacks
- Clean stove burners by putting them in plastic bags overnight with 1/4 cup ammonia (Wear gloves; do in a well-ventilated area).
- Sanitize your garbage disposal during home cleaning by freezing lemon slices and vinegar in an ice-cube tray. Run 2 or 3 cubes through the disposal.
- Keep your kitchen drain unclogged by pouring boiling water down it weekly.
- Clean stainless steel appliances by buffing gently with flour on a dampened cloth.
- For a clean microwave, mix 1 cup of water with chopped lemon, heat 5 minutes in the microwave, let it cool and wipe the inside.
- Clean your broiler pan or oven racks by scrubbing with salt.
- Eliminate dishwasher stains by pouring in lemon drink-mix powder and running an empty cycle.
- Knock out kitchen-wall grease stains during home cleaning by sprinkling cornstarch on a damp sponge and rubbing the stains.
Bathroom Cleaning Hacks
- Sprinkle baking soda in the toilet at night. In the morning, swish and flush.
- Remove lime or calcium on faucets by soaking a towel in vinegar. Wrap it around the area and put cling wrap on the outside. Leave overnight.
- Remove bathroom soap scum during home cleaning with 1/2 cup vinegar, 1 cup water, and 5 drops of dish washing liquid. Scrub with a sponge or brush.
Laundry Room Cleaning Hacks
- Clean your washer by pouring in a cup of bleach or white vinegar (use more for a top loader) and running a hot-water cycle.
- Clean in and under your dryer’s lint filter with your vacuum’s wand attachment.
- Eliminate laundry room smells with 1 cup baking soda plus 2 drops essential oil in an old sock. Hang where the odor is the worst.
Other useful Hacks
- Wipe ant-infested areas with white vinegar; then sprinkle cinnamon where you saw ants (do a test first to guard against stains).
- Polish copper with ketchup. Apply liberally, leave for an hour, and wipe away.
- Clean glass with newspapers instead of paper towels; no lint is left behind.
- An open box of baking soda removes odors from smelly areas.
- Clean pet carpet stains by removing pet soil, dissolving a few tablespoons of baking soda in a spray bottle, spraying the carpet, and blotting with a dry towel.
- Eradicate water marks on wood by mixing half ashes, half mayonnaise. Apply to the water mark; rub gently with a cloth.
Want to keep up to date with more useful cleaning hacks? Follow The Organised Cleaning Company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more useful cleaning tips! You can also subscribe to The Organised Cleaner blog for daily cleaning hacks direct to your inbox!