The summer sun usually brings to mind fond memories. Around the office (or at home), however, high temperatures & humidity can also be the cause of unpleasant smells at work environment or home life….
To help combat smells we have identified some of the top summertime odour offenders and tips on how to tackle them! Keep nostrils happy by addressing the following areas and remove unpleasant smells :
- Kitchens – Fats, oils, grease and food debris can accumulate in kitchen drain lines, causing rancid bacteria buildup. Use of a drain line maintainer along with drain inspections can prevent these issues and costly plumbing emergencies.
Linens such as aprons, kitchen towels and bar rags come in contact with a variety of liquid and solid elements and can reek if left in a pile. Implement a laundry program which regularly ensures the replacement of dirty linens with freshly laundered options.
- Bathrooms – During the summer season, bathroom restroom odours from bacteria buildup in clogged drains can become very unwelcoming. Limit smells & complaints with frequent bathroom cleaning and maintenance. Consider implementing air fresheners, urinal screens and bathroom mats to stop odors at their source.
- Carpeted Areas – Without deep cleaning, carpeting in high traffic areas can harbour mildew, allergens and other smell-inducing bacteria that can be further perpetuated by humidity. Hire a professional carpet cleaning company to remove contaminants embedded in carpet, extend its life and create a safer environment for those with asthma and allergies.
- Matted Areas – Entrances and other areas with floor mats, which capture liquids and dirt, can be a breeding ground for mildew and bacteria. A reputable floor mat service provider will supply mats and regularly clean matting to keep smells away.
- Air Conditioning Units – During peak summer heat, air conditioning units are necessary to create cool and comfortable environments. If not maintained, AC units can accumulate dirt, mold and bacteria on coils, drain pans and filters, which cause odors. Avoid undesirable aromas, improve indoor air quality and reduce energy costs with a regular coil cleaning services.
- Cleaner Cupboards – Cleaning equipment like string mops can hold odors, and spread them throughout your office. Consider easy-to-use and efficient microfiber cloths, mops and dusters, which are proven to clean more effectively than traditional tools. Your cleaning service provide can scheduled deliveries of clean microfiber cloths and the removal of dirty ones will help ensure that there are no lingering unpleasant scents.
Don’t let the great summer weather spoil your office environment with unpleasant smellsuse these handy tips to help reduce odours around the office. To avoid unpleasant smells at the office (or home environment), having fresh flowers delivered weekly or investing in some sweet smelling scent diffusers or air freshness will also help keep your environment smelling great!
Want to keep up to date with more useful cleaning hacks? Follow The Organised Cleaning Company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more useful cleaning tips! You can also subscribe to The Organised Cleaner blog for daily cleaning hacks direct to your inbox!