Figures published by the Deposit Protection Scheme confirm that at least 40% of disputes are caused as a result of cleaning & the cleanliness of a rental property at check-out. With that in mind, we thought it would be useful to give you a few tips on what constitutes a great end of tenancy cleaning service.
- It seems pretty obvious, but the cleaning company actually has to collect keys and turn up to a property to clean!
- The cleaning company should be fully equipped with their own cleaning products & cleaning equipment to deal with (almost) every eventuality;
- Being punctual and working efficiently, especially when there’s a tight turn-around and time is limited….
- The cleaning company should be flexible & responsive to last minute bookings or where there are complications with a clean (i.e. the tenant has already moved in/is waiting to move in right now!);
- Attention to detail. Aside from cleaning the obvious stuff like the soap tray, not leaving streak arks on mirrors and cleaning the oven properly;
- Communication is key! Any problems or maintenance matters are reported to you during or soon after the clean has been completed – in plain English;
- Professional (and fully insured!) so that you receive the level of service you deserve.
follow these steps to find the right tenancy cleaning service and following these guidelines you would get the full exprience of a tenancy cleaning service.
Hopefully these tips will be useful the next time you’re moving out of a rental property or need to arrange a clean for your buy to let property. If you have any questions about the pre or end of tenancy cleaning process, either leave a comment or contact ProClean Team on 020 8742 1808.
Want to keep up to date with more useful cleaning hacks? Follow The Organised Cleaning Company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more useful cleaning tips! You can also subscribe to The Organised Cleaner blog for daily cleaning hacks direct to your inbox!