At ProClean Team, carpet vacuming and cleaning is often provides as part of the end of tenancy cleaning routine, so we thought we’d provide some pointers as to why it’s an important consideration for rental properties.
From a landlord’s perspective, carpet cleaning when tenant’s vacate your rental property can help prolong the life of carpets, reduce replacement costs and therefore help increase returns on your buy to let investment.
From a tenant’s perspective, removing those marks & stains which have built up during the course of your tenancy and returning the carpet to the same condition as at the outset of your tenancy will only help with getting your deposit back. This is one reason for carpet maintenance and carpet vacuming to be done regularly.
Five useful tips to help preserve the lifecycle of your carpets through carpet vacuming and other maintenance sources here are some:
- Frequent vacuuming prolongs the life of carpets by preventing a build up of gritty particles that can cut carpet fibres. Tenant should be encouraged to vacuum carpets at least once a week.
- For the best results on carpets that are very dirty or stained, a pre-treatment cleaning solution should always be applied and left to work on the stains before the carpet is steam cleaned.
- Steam cleaning carpets at least twice a year will make carpets easier to maintain. Most carpet soiling is made up of dry soils & when carpets are kept thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis, most soils can be removed with frequent vacuuming.
- Steam cleaning removes spots & stains, which can attract more soiling. Removing them promptly protects the carpet from damage & staining.
- Carpets look refreshed after having been steam cleaned, which enhances the appearance of any room. Clean, well maintained carpets speak volumes about the overall cleanliness of a rental property.
We would always advise that carpets vacuming are cleaned as part of a pre or end of tenancy clean for exactly these reasons! If you’d like to find out more details about ProClean Team’s carpet cleaning or end of tenancy cleaning service, you can contact them on 020 8742 1808 or visit their website right here.
Want to keep up to date with more useful cleaning hacks? Follow The Organised Cleaning Company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more useful cleaning tips! You can also subscribe to The Organised Cleaner blog for daily cleaning hacks direct to your inbox!