With spring well and truly upon us, many of you may well be thinking about spring cleaning your home. Why not take it one step further by carrying out and spring cleaning the office? Before you can start the actual cleaning, you need to have a good declutter of your work area so you can actually get to the areas that need cleaning.
While we recommend employing a professional contract cleaning company for spring cleaning the office, if this is not possible, we’ve listed a few helpful tips which should help you clean up your office:
- To clean your computer screen, invest in a streak free cleaning solution and microfiber cloth. Other types of cloths such as paper towels can mark your screen so it is very important that you only use a microfiber cloth.
- Use disinfectant wipes to clean the keyboard and mouse. For those hard to reach spots in the keyboard, we recommend buying a can of compressed air and spraying it into the gaps. You can then use an old toothbrush to clean away any remaining bacteria.
- For the rest of the desk, cleaning is pretty simple, ensure you have a good disinfectant and then remove any items from the desk and clean every inch. Make sure you also wipe any electrical devices such as telephones and even mobile phones as these are breeding grounds for germs.
- Once this is complete, invest in a good vacuum or mop to clean the office floors so that if you have any visitors in your office it will look and smell like your office is brand new.
- Finally, many of us share kitchen facilities with co-workers and this is an area which should certainly be given a spring clean. Go through and empty your fridge of expired food and drink and give the fridge a thorough clean with disinfectant.
- It’s also important to look at other high frequented areas and items. Make sure you clean your carpets regularly to get rid of any stains and bacteria. The best way to do this is to hire a professional carpet cleaner who can ensure stains are removed without harming the fabric of the carpet.
Following these simple tips should help you transform your office environment into a clean and productive work space, but if you want to get the professionals in, give us a call on 020 7458 4433 or email email@example.com.
Want to keep up to date with more useful cleaning hacks? Follow The Organised Cleaning Company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more useful cleaning tips! You can also subscribe to The Organised Cleaner blog for daily cleaning hacks direct to your inbox!