This article is for all you buy-to-let landlords who manage their own property portfolio. Every now and then we come across useful nuggets of information and recently we came across the top five tips on how to avoid bad tenants, which we thought would be useful to share with you.
As you well know, the best way to avoid having tenant problems is not to allow a bad tenant to rent your property in the first place, so here are some useful tips to help you achieve this:
- Ask any prospective tenant for three months worth of bank statements so you can check expenditure vs income.
- Keep an eye out for forged references & ID documents (passport & driving licence). Make sure you get a professional referencing company to check these for you.
- Check & make sure work references are valid but getting in touch with the named reference.
- Research a tenant’s rental history. There are a number of useful websites including TenantsHistory, NLA Tenant Check and Rentify.
- Try and match the rent due date with tenant’s pay day.
Want to keep up to date with more useful cleaning hacks? Follow The Organised Cleaning Company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more useful cleaning tips! You can also subscribe to The Organised Cleaner blog for daily cleaning hacks direct to your inbox!